Sunday, March 6, 2011

Community Building with Technologies

    After doing our Journal Critique I found a wonderful way to incorporate blogging into my math class. I did not ever think I would find a way to incorporate the internet into math but I found many projects that do. I am going to have a blog for each of my classes and a student will have to review the lesson plan on the blog at the end of the day. This way they are not just learning from me, they are learning from a student who may have had the same problem working on a certain formula.
      Social Bookmarking is a great way to share important websites without having to give alot of information. I am not sure how I can incorporate it into a math class. Maybe with videos or if I make a project with links to certain websites that would be helpful but they may be all I can do. I do not think I will do the VoiceThread because it is just like a blog except with voice communications and I do not think it will help my students with math to dicuss problems with no writing to go along with it.
       I have never heard of Tapped In until I read this chapter. I think it is a great idea. Teachers need all the help they can get to keep students interactive in the classroom. And the best way is trial and error unless another teacher has already come up with a good idea. On Tapped In you can tell teachers what you have learned and you can learn from them as well.

References:
Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R.M., Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall

Miranda Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment