Sunday, March 20, 2011

Podcasting

I never realized podcasting was so popular. I do know what it is and how to use it. I just never knew anyone who did. Since I will be teaching a math class, it would be difficult to use podcasting in my classroom. And I don't think I want to either. But in a Literature or Foriegn Language class I can see unlimited uses for podcasting.

Podcating can be used in many ways. But it is basically a blog spoken aloud by the author who can also put music in the background. And it can also be a wiki spoken aloud. However I see a podcast as a blog with a voice.

Yes I own an iPod. Mainly I use my iPod when I run, to listen to music, so the run isn't so boring. I don't think I would use my iPod in the classroom. I think in a math class it would be too distracting. I think the best onlince communication tool is a blog. I for one do not like to hear my own voice. Also I can use blogging in my math class easier than I could use podcasting.

References:
Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R.M., Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall

Miranda Jones

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the math part. I have no idea how it could be used in math. But blogging would be great. Even VoiceThread would be useful in a math classroom.

    ReplyDelete